This self-guided trail is much as it was before man settled this country. Beginning atop the high bluffs overlooking Ozark Lake, it winds its way down to their base. The trail then makes its way along the forest floor before traveling to the overlook shelter at the top of the bluffs. From the overlook, you have a view of the river as it begins its journey through Arkansas. Enjoy the displays at the overlook describing the history of the area.
Distance from Convention Center:35.2 mi.
- Post Familie Vineyards (3.2 mi.)
- Mount Bethel Winery (3.4 mi.)
- Wiederkehr Wine Cellars (3.4 mi.)
- Chateau Aux Arc (3.7 mi.)
- Mulberry River Fishing (14.2 mi.)
- White Rock Mountain Camping (17.3 mi.)
- Clear Creek (20.7 mi.)
- Mount Magazine (21.3 mi.)
- Old Fort Gun Club - Alma Range (22.2 mi.)
- Lake Fort Smith State Park (23.1 mi.)