General William O. Darby – founder of the famed Darby's Rangers that fought in Italy during WWII and evolved into the modern day Army Rangers – grew up in this modest home. The home now serves as a heritage museum that contains personal military memorabilia of General Darby and other WWII memorabilia, as well as tributes to Darby and artifacts from Cisterna, Italy; Fort Smith's sister city.
Distance from Convention Center:6.6 mi.
Monday-Friday: 8 a.m.-1 p.m.
Saturday-Sunday: by appointment
- McClure Amphitheater (0.2 mi.)
- Ben Geren Tennis Center (0.6 mi.)
- Arkansas River Valley Nature Center (0.7 mi.)
- Wells Lake Fishing (0.8 mi.)
- Parrot Island Waterpark (0.8 mi.)
- Grand Central Station (0.8 mi.)
- Parrot Island Water Park Meetings & Events (0.9 mi.)
- Ben Geren Soccer Fields (0.9 mi.)
- Ben Geren Fitness Course (1.0 mi.)
- Ben Geren Regional Park (1.0 mi.)
Free parking is available at the location.