The unique work of Miami-based street artist, Hoxxoh (Douglas Hoekzema) is known for its cerebral approach to visualizing the natural fabrics of time.
Never touching the canvas with his hands, Hoxxoh uses a pendulum technique—working in synchronicity with the natural pull of gravity—to create hypnotizing motions that illustrate the predetermined yet unseen path of space and time that, in the end, work together to create natural order. It's the perfect mix of spontaneity and precision; a physical representation of the invisible energy of time in its most natural form.
The piece was created in 2021 as part of The Unexpected Project; an ongoing urban and contemporary art initiative based in Fort Smith.
Come by Miss Laura's Visitors Center to grab a printed copy of The Unexpected artwork map
You can also learn about other artists and public art locations directly on FortSmith.org.
Distance from Convention Center:0.2 mi.
- The Mole by ROA (0.0 mi.)
- Papa's Pub & Pizzaria (0.0 mi.)
- 5th Street Cafe (0.0 mi.)
- Neumeier's Rib Room & Beer Garden (0.1 mi.)
- ASKEW Cherokee Mural (0.1 mi.)
- Crane Clothing Co. (0.1 mi.)
- Old Town Grain & Feed (0.1 mi.)
- Trail of Tears by D*Face (0.1 mi.)
- La Huerta Grill on Garrison (0.1 mi.)
- El Cholito (0.1 mi.)